my Handmade Registry

Register for items on your wishlist from your favorite Handmade Retailers!

The main purpose of My Handmade Registry (MHR) is to show off your wish list of handmade items you find online. There are a few sites online where you can specifically find handmade items, and Etsy is one of them. There are other handmade sites, but Etsy has a nice feature called the Etsy Mini, which shows a sketch of your favourite items.

This tutorial will walk you through Etsy, the Etsy Mini and how to add the Etsy Mini onto your profile page.

1. First off, you need to register for an account on Etsy. To do so, click on Register at the top of the page and follow the instructions. You'll need to come up with a unique username and a password. You'll also need to have an email account. Once you've registered, go to your email account and click on the link in the email Etsy sent you. Now you're registered on Etsy and can Sign In at any time.

2. Once registered, browse around! On the front page of Etsy, you'll always find a beautiful treasury of Etsy items, as well as links to the showcases, giftguides and categories. You can browse through any of these, or search for something specific using the search bar.

3. Add your favorite items into your favorites. Once you've found an item you really want, you'll see a section called "Page Tools" in the sidebar on the right. Under there, you'll find a link called "add items to favorites." And it's as easy as that! You can find all your favorites by clicking the "Favorites" link at the top of every page.

4. Once you've added a few things to your favorites, you can make these into an Etsy Mini and show them off one your MHR profile page. First, go to Etsy, click on "Your Etsy" and scroll down to "Promote" in the left sidebar. Click on "Etsy Mini."

It will look a little different if you don't have an Etsy shop. It should look like this:

The Etsy Mini page looks like this. All you have to do is follow the steps on the page:

1. Choose items from your favorites.
2. Choose thumbnails (a small picture) or gallery (a larger picture with the item title, seller and price).
3. Choose the number of items per column and row.
You'll see a preview of the Etsy Mini underneath these options. Under that, there's 2 windows with 2 different versions of code. The first box has javascript code that you would use to add the Etsy Mini to a Blogger account. The second box is the Flash version we use to add the Etsy Mini to your MHR profile page. This picture shows the code highlighted:

When the code is highlighted like this, either right click and copy or hit Ctrl C.

5. Now we need to paste that code into the text box on your profile page. Click the "Edit" button on the text box, and paste the code into the main body (right click and choose paste, or Ctrl V). Change the title of the Text Box to My Wish List (or whatever you want) and click Save.

There you have it! Your Etsy Mini, showing off your favorites from Etsy, should now be on your profile page! To move it up to the top of your profile page, hover your arrow beside the title you chose. Your arrow should change to a little compass (a cross with 4 arrows). When that appears, click and drag the box upwards.

PLEASE NOTE: You can change your privacy settings on Etsy so that others can't see your favorites. If you have this set on, the pictures won't appear on your profile page. To change the privacy setting to public (so that everyone can see), go to You Favorites (in Etsy), click on Preferences, and choose Everyone (public).

Tags: etsy, how, mini, page, profile, registering, to

Views: 588

Replies to This Discussion

I'm having the same issue, where only the first code is showing. Please let me know if there's a way to fix this, b/c I'd like to post my mini ASAP! :) Thanks!

Hannah

Only java script comes up. What am I doing wrong?

I have the same problem, I have just the java script code on Etsy ?

I'm having the same problem with just the java script code. 

Melanie

RSS

Click FAN BUTTON for List of Site SPONSORS

Please Contact Dorana for Information on Advertising.

© 2014   Created by Dorana.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service