my Handmade Registry

Register for items on your wishlist from your favorite Handmade Retailers!

Amanda

Site Administrator & NINGCOMPOOPS GROUP LEADER
My online alter-ego (and shop name) is Ulixis. I've been creative my whole life, and when asked in grade 2 what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said "artist" instead of "teacher" like all the other little girls!

During high school though, 3 great loves came into my life, pushing crafting aside. These were math, science and Pat, my partner (almost 8 years together now! And I know "partner" sounds ridiculous, but after so long, "boy friend" just doesn't seem appropriate). I am continuing my education in science (I'm currently working on my Master's in Medical Sciences) but after a few years, the creative itch returned. Some online tutorials got me started, and a friend pointed
me towards Etsy. I've only been selling on Etsy for a year and a half now, but during that time I have fallen in love with the wonderful community and garnered a lot of great advice from some
well-established artists and new-found friends.

While "scientist" and "artist" go a long way to introducing you to who I am, there are many other categories I fall under. I'm also a proud Canadian, a hick (I grew up in the middle of nowhere Northern Ontario), an avid reader, a pretty darn good cook (I love experimenting in the kitchen - it's like a combination of science and crafting!), a mentor, a teacher's assistant, a gardener (if I had a garden that is), an animal lover, an abuser of brackets and much more.

Now, if you still want to know more about me, head on over to my blog, ulixis.blogspot.com.

You can find Amanda:
Amanda's Store: ulixis.etsy.com
Amanda's Website: ulixis.crafts.googlepages.com
Amanda's Blog: ulixis.blogspot.com

** Moderator for the NINGcompoops Group. This group is your resource for navigating the MHR website - just post any questions you have, and I will try to answer them as best I can. I'm no expert, but I'm a persistent troubleshooter and (I think) a patient teacher. More importantly, I love to help, so don't be shy!

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

Yay, Amanda! Hugs and kisses to you!
Thanks Candice! :)

Welcome everyone! If anyone wants to see a certain tutorial or has any questions, feel free to leave a comment here, on the group main page or in any of the discussions. You can also reach me by sending a private message, convo through Etsy, or email at ulixis.crafts@gmail.com. I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :)

RSS

Click FAN BUTTON for List of Site SPONSORS

Please Contact Dorana for Information on Advertising.

© 2014   Created by Dorana.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service